Chaga Mushroom Brewing Directions
Cup of Tea
- Add 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) of Chaga Mushroom Tea, powder or fine powder per 6oz cup of boiled hot water and steep 10-20 min or to taste
- Chaga Mushroom can be kept inside a fine mesh tea ball or muslin bag for re-use and convenience
- Re-use Chaga by adding more hot water for a second cup or until Chaga is exhausted (water runs clear)
- Add 1 tablespoons of Chaga Mushroom Tea, Powder Fine Powder or 13.5g of Chaga Mushroom Chunks per Liter of water and simmer on med to med/low heat for 3 to 5 hours to make a tonic.
- Chaga can be kept inside a tea ball or muslin bag for convenience and re-use.
- Temperature should be maintained around 80 Celsius / 176 Fahrenheit for best results. Do Not Boil.
- Serve hot or let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for up to 14 days. Can be enjoyed cold or reheated on the stove top.
- Store used Chaga Mushroom in the freezer and reuse 3 to 5 times until exhausted or water runs clear.
- Used Chaga Mushroom can be incorporated into smoothies, sauces or stews if desired.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Chaga Mushroom Tea, Powder, Fine Powder or 13.5g of Chaga Mushroom Chunks per Liter of water into a slow cooker and set on low or warm for 6 to 12 hours.
- Store brewed tea in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy cold or reheat the brewed tea on the stove top.
- Optionally, the slow cooker may be left on for longer periods allowing the tea to continue to brew, adding more fresh water as necessary.
- Monitor your results, as slow cooker temperatures and there settings may vary with different models. To avoid mushroom tea from reaching a heavy boil, remove or adjust the lid on the slow cooker so that higher temperatures above 80 Celsius are avoided.
Enjoy Chaga Mushroom Tea hot or cold. Sweeten to taste as desired. Birch syrup, maple syrup or honey is recommended!